- We process data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We will only send you marketing communications with your consent.
- We use information about you, including information derived from cookies, to help us operate our website and for marketing purposes.
- We may disclose information about you in certain circumstances.
- knnect.co.uk (the “Website”) is an online service owned and operated by kNnect, which enables Scaffold Contract to easily compare scaffold design quotations.
- What data do we collect and how is it used?
- We may ask you for, or you may submit, personal and non-personal information and data to us when you use the Website. This could include:
- Your name and address
- Your username and password
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Any content you submit to the Website ("Your Content”), such as comments, messages to designers, reviews and marketing preferences.
- We use this data for the following purposes:
- Name, address, username and password: to register and administer your user account
- E-mail address: to contact you about your use of the Website, to provide you with news about us, to offer you additional information.
- Phone number: to contact you about matters requiring your urgent attention, to verify your identity or to provide other kNnect services with your consent (such as text message notifications); and
- Your Content: to process and make available Your Content to the Website and to market to you in accordance with your instructions.
- Information submitted to the Website may also be used to:
- Enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Enable your use of the Website and associated services
- Provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service; and
- Generally run and improve the Website.
- When you get in contact with us we may keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can provide services to you more efficiently. We may also record these communications in order to train or manage our staff.
- We might collect sensitive information about you, but we will never collect your sensitive information without your explicit consent.
- Cookies and website usage analysis
- We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies on the Website. Cookies are small computer files which the Website may store in your Internet browser, enabling your Internet browser and the Website to communicate with each other. Other similar technologies may operate in a different way but, like cookies, are used to analyse how the website is being used.
- learn about how the Website is being used and which types of individuals are using the website
- Recognise you when you return to the Website
- Record which other websites have referred users to the Website
- Optimise the Website and improve our services
- Make it easier for you to fill in forms on the Website
- Enable the Website to remember your preferences
- Enable aspects of the website to be customised; and
- Provide relevant advertising.
- All cookies will be deleted when you close your Internet browser, others will remain on your Internet browser until they are deleted or they reach their expiry date.
- Data sharing
- We may disclose personal information about you to other members of our company:
- To enable us to receive services which help us operate the Website.
- With a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk; and
- If we are obliged to do so to comply with law, regulations or a court order; if it is necessary to enforce any of our terms and conditions or any other agreements to which we are a party; if it is necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or Website users.
- Management of data
- We will use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2009.
- If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
- Although we will do our best to protect information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received information about you, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to that Information.
- We might send you marketing emails about products or services which are similar to or related to the Website, or contact you by email or text with information about the Website. We will not send you any other marketing emails or pass your contact information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
- If you provide information about a third party company as part of a referral of that third party company to us, we will send this third party company a single email about the Website and we will store their personal information to the minimum extent necessary. When you provide us with a third party company's information, you are confirming that you have their consent to this use of their information. We will tell the company that you provided their details when we contact them.
- Data retention
- We will only hold data about you for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the purpose for which that data was collected.
- If you follow a link from the Website to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to them.
- All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours.
Company Number: 9990023
VAT Number: 250827117